View My Stats

Saturday, February 13, 2010

CRASH-B -report...the Day Before


By sheer coincidence, SARA Members Tom Darling and Ham Dixon were seated next to each other at a pre-CRASH-B event.

Tom Darling reports:

I spent the entire day at Sonesta checking in and classifying the adaptive athletes... at the Concept Two luncheon I went to sit down at an open seat and ironically the person sitting to my left was non other then Ham Dixon..pretty funny.. We had a great talk about Bruce Chamberlain and SU Rowing and how when Ham was a struggling med student Doc would send him home with food from his freezer... always generous Doc...Ham has won his age group several times at CRASH -B's ...is buying a new Staempfli single and lives in Georgia...lets cheer him on tomorrow.

BTW Ham told me his name sake was an amazing sculptor and I checked out the web site...truly amazing stuff..

Go Ham!


No comments:

Post a Comment